Week 11 - April 24, 2017 CHERRY BLOSSOMS!

Hello!!!

I am loving Japan more and more each day! It's honestly beautiful here, if only you all can see it. People here are so kind and fun to talk with, the people in the ward is so fun and just amazing. The more I get to know each one of them, my love for them grows. This Sunday I finally got to meet a Filipino member who my companion has been waiting for me to meet. She was so sweet, when she figured out I was a Filipino she began to cry, and kept telling me how I was a blessing to her she was honestly so sweet, we then started talking in Tagalog with each other. A language I can actually understand and somewhat can speak. 






On Tuesday we had the opportunity to do service at an old care home, getting there itself was a struggle, it honestly felt like I was climbing a mountain. But in the end, it was worth it. It was a lot of fun being able to do crafts with these cute Japanese Obaashans. One of them kept looking at me with such scare and touching her cheeks, I didn't know why but I had the feeling that she was trying to tell me how big my cheeks were. But it was such a great experience. 



So this week I finally am starting to settle in, it's been a great week, I have felt like I've learned so much just being here for the last 2 weeks. This week I've really come to understand the importance of forgetting yourself during my mission. At the MTC I've learned a lot about learning to forget yourself, but it wasn't till I got to the field that I understood why it's so important. I've had lots of times where I have been thinking "how am I going to do this , what have I gotten myself into", or even "am I even good enough to be a missionary". But I have learned how when you forget yourself you are not thinking about what your needs are but the needs of the investigator. When we are choosing to forget ourself and focus on the work, I feel that we are able to have the spirit with us more, than when we are too focused on our wants and needs. 



This Saturday Savage Shimai and I had a lesson with one of our investigators. It was a really good lesson, but because I couldn't understand majority of the conversation I began to feel overwhelmed and annoyed of how little I knew, I began to have feelings of doubts, and that moment I can really feel how the Spirit was not with me during the lesson, so I began to choose to listen, I still didn't understand anything, but I notice that as I chose to want to listen I was able to understand what the investigator needed. I didn't focus on what I didn't understand, but what I understood. After the lesson, I then invited her to be baptized.  I love the scripture Alma 26:27 Where it talks about turning to the Lord when we are wanting to give up. It sometimes easier said than done, but I know that when we are feeling down and about to give up but choose to center our thoughts to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, our burdens can be lifted. 

Love you lots!

Bamba 姉妹♡♡

Photos!!!

Today was such a nice day, so Savage 姉妹 and I went and took pictures at a Sakura park!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 30 - Sept 12. 2017

Week 18 - June 18, 2017