Week 10 - April 17, 2017 I'M IN JAPAN!

こんにちわ みなさん!
(Konnichiwa minasan)

A lot has happened in these couple of weeks, but first, let me start off by saying I'M IN JAPAN!





It was super hard saying goodbye to everyone especially when your companion and your roommates at the MTC all left at the same time to the same mission, but Im so excited and happy for them. The experience I had at the MTC was a memory I'm never going to forget, I've learned a lot and I'm grateful for that experience that I had and the people that I have met in those great 9 weeks. 


So my experience at the airport was a great story itself. Whenever a group leaves the MTC, if you are going to the same mission you are put into a group and assigned a travel leader which is usually chosen the alphabetic order. Thus being me. Being a travel leader itself wasn't a bad thing at all, but I was in charge of all Nihongen, I felt bad because I didn't know any Japanese and didn't know what I was even doing but in the end, it was a lot of fun. Not only was it a great experience, but I was also able to learn a lot of Japanese because of them.😊 


My first area is called Yamagata, which means mountain shape. It's so beautiful here, we are literally around mountains which reminds me a lot of home. Here in Yamagata we have a ward, which I love. The members are so amazing and so kind. Whenever my companion tells them I just got here they get so happy and so excited and constantly acknowledge my great efforts in learning the language. One of the great things here in the Yamagata ward is that Japanese is not the only language they speak here but also Shuwa!! 🤗 lol I can barely even stop people in the streets and talk to them in nihongo without my companion having to help me out. But Yes, Shuwa is sign language in Nihongo. In the ward we have two deaf members, and this Sunday Savage 姉妹 and I got to sit in their Sunday school class and because I didn't understand anything I just sat in the class and watched, but I have to say, it was such a great experience. Being able to watch not just one language but 2!


Sister Savage!

Now for my companion. Her name is Savage 姉妹, and she is from Michigan. She is honestly the best of the best. She is so fun to be with. She is just a happy and friendly to everyone she meets and talks to, and especially has so much patience with me. I couldn't have asked for a better trainer. 

My first district in Japan

Japanese Trains


I got to say it hasn't been easy. I've never felt so much pain in my thighs from biking, but I am so happy that I made the decision to go on my mission. I've gained so many blessings in my life because I chose to serve. It wasn't easy, and won't be easy, but I know what I'm doing is the right thing. Everyone is so friendly here.  

Elder Eyring's daughter


A lot has happened but not a lot of time, but I promise when I get home I'll tell you all, all about it! 😊

あいしてますみなさん!
Bamba 姉妹❤❤

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 18 - June 18, 2017

Week 30 - Sept 12. 2017

Week 11 - April 24, 2017 CHERRY BLOSSOMS!