Week 35 - Oct 16, 2017

Hello hello! 

This week has been such a great week I can't believe it's already week four transfer 5!  It's honestly been so fast.

This week has been a lot of fun we did a lot of finding,  I have the best companion. She has been the bomb, she's been walking with me even though she doesn't need to and she keeps encouraging me even though I feel bad that she has to walk all the time but she's been great! 



We also went out on splits with the very best STLs. I also got to see Shibahara shimai again which was really fun. It was great. I got to work with Williamson Shimai learned so much from her and her testimony. I am so happy to be able to be with different missionaries and have the opportunity to learn from them. They are all amazing examples to me. The next day after splits we had zone conference. Since I've been in Japan I've been in 3 different zones. It was so nice going around and being able to see different missionaries each time. 




In conference they had talked a lot on the importance of the spirit, and emphasized on how we need to be always open to having the spirit with us. They had also mentioned how the little things we do that is not intoned with the spirit can effect the result of having the spirit or not. I could totally testify of this. I have seen so many miracles and the presence of the spirit when I choose to serve with all my might, but I can also see the influence of simple negative attitude can take away the spirit. 





After zone conference last Friday, Seaman Shimai and I were trying to figure out what train to take home from Misawa.  On that train, an amazing woman sat next to us and we talked the whole way to Hachinohe!  We talked all about our missionary purpose, our work, some of our beliefs, and about GoEigo mission school.  She lives in Sendai, so we gave her a GoEigo flyer and said bye!  No phone number or anything, but still, it was great.  Then during our 45 min. Walk home from the train station, we decided to street and ended up handing out a Book of Mormon!  And then, to top it all off, we saw one of the deaf members from the Hachinohe branch crossing the street, so I we decided to say hi to her and right after she saw us she started crying.  Apparently she had just been at the hospital and is dealing with some hard stuff right now, and had been crying on her way home, so she had to get off her bike and walk, and then she saw us and we hugged and were able to talk for a little bit in some very rough Shuwa (sign language).  It was amazing and we couldn’t help crying after the member continued going home.  I know that God knows His children.  I know He knows where all of us are and what we need.  I also know that the Spirit guides us in promptings that are seriously just thoughts.  He really does talk to us in a still, small voice. 

A lot of things are happening in the Japan Sendai mission. Sekiguchi Kaichou has such great vision for this mission. During conference he had told us how our mission is the lowest baptizing mission right now in Japan, but instead of telling us what we are doing wrong he keeps pulling us up and doing all his best to help us. One thing that he has always said, "Im crazy, but crazy people change the world". I like to think that our mission President  is one of the craziest presidents out there, but I also know that our mission Presidents are truly called of God. They love each one of their missionaries. 

Love you all,
バンバ姉妹


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 18 - June 18, 2017

Week 11 - April 24, 2017 CHERRY BLOSSOMS!

Week 30 - Sept 12. 2017