Week 6 - March 22, 2017

Konichiwa Mina san! 

This week has gone by super fast!! I can't believe that I have 2 weeks left then I head to Japan! eeeeekkks. Cant wait. 



So this week was another good week for Bamba Shimai. A lot of changes has happened. First of all our Senpaitatchi left this week which has been super sad for us because we really got super close to them in last 6 weeks, but all is good because that means we are Senpaitatchi now, and we have kohaitatchi, to love. 



So a little about my district because I feel I haven't talked about them...
In my district, we have 4 Shimaitachi and 5 chorotachi.  3 missionaries are from Utah, Smith Choro, Bitton Shimai, and my companion Larsen Shimai. Then there is Bazauoi Choro who is from New Zeland, Norrbom Choro who is from California, Fanning Choro is from Washington State, Anderson Choro is from Minisoda and Micheal Shimai is from Arizona. 



For the last few weeks every Friday we would have these things called TRCs where we teach members, and sometimes investigators a little message about anything that we felt that we thought they would need. The first time we had our TRC I remember being really nervous about doing them, but since then I have been really loving them and enjoying every lesson that we had. Recently in our last TRC our teachers have been really trying to get us to really focus on our Kyudosha and what they feel and what they need, so we really talked about simplifying out lessons. Sometimes in my lessons, I struggle with saying what I need to say because I try to find the best thing to say, but what I've really learned here at the MTC is that sometimes being simple is best. 



This week I have been really down and started to get worried about Nihongo and everything. Although I am soo excited to head to Japan, and am super anxious, I have also been very nervous knowing that we ONLY have 2 weeks left.



Yesterday we had the privilege of hearing from Elder and Sister Zwick from the 70, Both having such amazing talks, but I really got in the talks from last night is when Elder Zwick had said: "you are not perfect, but you are good enough". I am that type of person that tends to compare myself with everyone, I tend to look at others and their progress and then tell myself that Im just not good enough, and I am so grateful that I was able to hear Elder Zwick's talk because it really has taught me good principles. Heavenly Father has such amazing plan for us. He has sent us to hear on earth to grow and learn from the wonderful teachings of the Gospel, but what I have been really learned and have gained a better testimony of here on my mission is that He will NEVER leave you alone. He will walk with you through every trial you may face, because he loves you, and is aware of your sorrow. I am not perfect, but I am good enough. Heavenly Father would have not trusted me to come on my mission if He did not believe that I can do it. What I also really liked about the devotional from last night is when Sister Zwick talked and she talked about the Christlike Attribute of patience. We should trust in the Lord that He can help us through every hard time we face but we should also have faith and patience in Him. One of our chorotachi after had made this great analogy and said, "like a plant, we may not see it growing, but it is still growing, in order for it to grow it must have a great foundation, or in this case the roots. Without the roots how can the flower grow?" 



Today I got to go to the temple again, and I am so happy that I have the chance to go every week. While I was at the temple I really thought about how amazing the temple is, and how grateful I am to know that I am sealed with my family for all eternity and that although there are times where I feel really homesick and missing my family, I am so happy and grateful to know that I can be sealed with them for eternity. 



I am so grateful for everyone that has emailed me in the past couple of months. It really means a lot to me.

Love you lots, 
- Bamba 姉妹

A must read- Mosiah 7:33



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 18 - June 18, 2017

Week 30 - Sept 12. 2017

Week 11 - April 24, 2017 CHERRY BLOSSOMS!